Going out

No. 7    Thursday 30 June 2011

I decided to go out today, the weather was reasonably favourable and there was nothing urgent which needed doing indoors.  A reason for this expedition was that I felt like having a panini for lunch - ever since I discovered them when I lived in Cheltenham they have been on my favourites list but the things which are available at the supermarket masquerading under the same name are not up to cafe standard.  Paninis are also on my list of things I have to go out for, the others being scampi and omelettes.  The reason for the latter two is that I've not seen scampi in ready meals and I can't cope with eggs to make omelettes (nor can I cook eggs in any way).  Those two I can get in the cafe in Morrisons but paninis need a trip to town.  A bus to the city centre solved the transport problem, and I went to a cafe near the bus stop which I have used on a number of occasions.

Lunch over I decided to look around the electronics shops to see what the iPad and similar tablet computers were like, if I could cope with the touch screens and what all the fuss was about them.  My exploration found quite a few which, with some difficulty, I managed to use.  Now I must think out what use one would be to me - if at all.  I have a (relatively) smart 'phone which I changed to a little while ago because I wanted one on which I could put my shopping list - and the one I have does that (and much more besides).  The only difficulty is that, yesterday when I went shopping, I  forgot to take it with me !!!  Wanderings over I took the bus home having been out for about two and a half hours - not very long when the bus travel is part of that time.

Last week, at the club to which I belong, they had a quiz which I had prepared.  I must have got something right because, of the 25 questions, the best table scored 20 and the worst 13.  I have now prepared two more with a similar variety of questions for future occasions - which gives the lady who had been doing them a well earned break because she is also the club treasurer and is therefore quite busy.  This week we had a Beetle evening and next week it is Bingo.  The club is pretty active and has other functions outside my ability to attend such as a weekly dance and the occasional coach trip (coaches are not designed to take wheelchairs).  My lack of attendance doesn't bother me because a lot of time is occupied with necessary things at home - such as doing my (roughly)weekly blog !!!

1 comment:

  1. Going out can be a healthy activity because majority of the times we need to be having all the things which are the need fort lauderdale shuttle bus has a lot to do with all the things that exists.

    ReplyDelete